Occupancy Terms & Conditions
By submitting an application to Tartu College, you are agreeing with all the terms of the occupancy conditions at Tartu College.
- A DEPOSIT by credit or debit card, cash, money order, certified cheque, or travelers cheques, IS REQUIRED TO SECURE A ROOM RESERVATION.
Once a room is reserved by deposit at Tartu College, THIS DEPOSIT WILL BE USED FOR THE LAST MONTH'S OCCUPANCY.
- Monthly occupancy payments are due the 1st day of each month - payable at the the Tartu College Office, (Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 4 pm). Only cheques will taken at the Front Desk (7 days a week, 8:00 am - 11 pm).
- Toronto Fire Department regulations state that rooms are for ONE individual (except doubles), therefore OVERNIGHT GUEST ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- Tartu College is a SMOKE FREE residence. NO SMOKING is permitted anywhere in the building or within 9 meters of any entrance.
- NO SUBLEASING is allowed at TARTU COLLEGE. If this occurs, immediate expulsion from TARTU may be forthcoming.
- Transfer of room at the request of resident, if possible, will include a fee of $50.00 to be paid before transfer.
- An ADMINISTRATION FEE of $20.00 will be ADDED to your monthly fee, if it is not paid by the 5th business day of the month.
- As the room is reserved from 1st day of September/January, that monthly occupancy payment is for the complete month, regardless of move in date.
- For Fall Term move-in, no refund of deposit for room cancellation after July 31. For Winter Term move-in, no refund of deposit for room cancellation after December 29. Cancellation before July 31, or December 29, $200 from paid deposit.
- No refund of either first month's occupancy payment, or deposit after receipt of room key; during the first two months of a school term occupancy.
- 60 days written notice is required to terminate a school term occupancy without financial penalty; after two months of occupancy.
- Deposit is used for the complete last month, (up to December 31, or April 30), regardless of actual move out date.
- School term room cancellation charge (after two months of occupancy), without 60 days written notice is $400.00.
- CHECK IN anytime after 16:00 hrs, CHECK OUT before 10:00 hrs
- Violation of TARTU COLLEGE "Rules and Regulations" and/or "Rental Conditions" may grounds for immediate expulsion.